Square Enix today unveiled the third expansion pack for Final Fantasy XIV, entitled “Shadowbringers”. Scheduled to release in early summer 2019, the expansion will offer players new adventures as they become Warriors of Darkness.
The new expansion will bring an abundance of new content, including a new player race, multiple new jobs, an increased level cap up, sprawling new areas, adjustments to the battle system, as well as a variety of new battle, crafter and gatherer content. In addition to these core features, a number of new systems will be introduced with Shadowbringers.
- NPC “Trust” System – Players will now be able to fight alongside familiar NPCs.
- New Game+ Feature – A feature that allows players to “replay” the FINAL FANTASY XIV main scenario stories.
- World Visit System – Players will be able to travel to other servers on the same data center and interact with more players than ever before.
Shadowbringers made its debut during the Fan Festival 2018 in Las Vegas, as Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida presented a teaser trailer to set the stage for this next chapter. Lets watch, shall we…
Yoshida also revealed the addition of blue mage at the release of Patch 4.5 (available to all players that own A Realm Reborn, have reached level 50 as a Disciple of War or Magic, and have completed the 2.0 main scenario).
Reportedly similar to previous Final Fantasy titles, the blue mage job will provide a unique solo gameplay experience in which players will learn monster actions and advance through blue mage-specific content.
Source: Press Release, Official Site
Latest posts by Andy "Zap-Robo" Barber (see all)
- Ashes of Creation Announces Apocalypse Tie-in Game - December 7, 2018
- Elite Dangerous Announces Chapter Four Release Date - December 4, 2018
- Pokemon GO Announces Introduction of Trainer Battles - December 1, 2018